Sunday, May 20, 2007

Yesterday I went to a sumo tournament in Tokyo. It was great!! I must admit that I was really confused about when the match was supposed to start so most of the the time the sheer excitement of the match actually starting was enough to entertain me. There was a Bulgarian guy who wrestled and he inspired me to put on a few pounds and give sumo a try myself. I thought about it and it would take a lot of rice and sushi to get that big. I guess I will have to try the green tea ice cream diet. Afterwards we went to TGIFridays. It was pretty good. I ate my fill so the sumo dream is still alive. Today I went back to Tokyo with my friend Shinobu and his aunt and her friend. We went to the tallest tower in Japan and got a great view of the countryside. Then we went to Chinatown. There were people everywhere!! I have never seen so many people in one spot. Tokyo is huge! I told Shinobu that I was glad that he couldn't lose me in the crowd.

I have an internet connection in my apartment so my posts should be more frequent and include a few pictures!

3 comments:

Sammie said...

I am glad to hear that you are getting Bible breaks during the day, and making friends. One of the main things I am excited about this summer is solo time to read my Bible in the mountains without distractions. I am also glad that you remembered "unko." I knew all those questions we asked would come in handy with little Japanese boys. I've learned a little bit more than armpit hair and poop now, but you need to send Hitomi back over here so that I can practice.

Anyways, as always, y'all are in my prayers. :)

Hitomi said...

i'm so jealous that yall watched the sumo matching. i've never seen it even though i'm Japanese. i'm glad that you are learning a lot here. hope you will learn more than 'unko'.

Unknown said...

Wade,
Mark and I are really missing you, but I love reading your witty blogs, and can't wait to see pictures.

You are in our prayers,
Mark and Darci